The ACCS are pleased to introduce a new Scholarship Programme for Early Childhood Diploma in 2015. Here are some information on the programme.
1. Why is the Archdiocesan Commission for Catholic Schools (ACCS) introducing the Scholarship for the Early Childhood (EC) Sector for 2015?
To support our Early Childhood Education centres in the Upper Serangoon area with future trained staff and to ensure that there are sufficient, good quality teachers for our Catholic Preschools – in particular:
- Catholic Kindergarten
- Nativity Church Kindergarten
- St Anne’s Church Kindergarten
- St Francis Xavier Kindergarten
- St Vincent De Paul Kindergarten
These manpower enhancements aim to raise the quality and professionalism of teachers, as well as attract and retain sufficient young talent for our schools, so as to sustain a high standard of early childhood education for the benefit of our children.
2. Scholarship for the EC sector
The scholarship scheme is for full-time ECCE diploma programme students who will be attending the full-time Early Childhood Education (ECE) diploma courses at either Ngee Ann Polytechnic or Temasek Polytechnic. The students will be attached to any of the above schools and will serve a 2 year bond.
3. How will parents and children benefit from the Scholarship?
They can look forward to having younger, qualified staff to deliver high quality programmes and improve the learning outcomes for children. Our well trained younger staff will be able to foster quality pedagogic environments.
4. What kind of professional development programmes will be supported under the Training Award?
In addition to the basic funding indicated below, students will be eligible for funding support of up to $1,000 per annum for professional development programmes offered by the Polytechnics. This may include Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) related programmes such as specialised courses in art, speech and drama and special needs. This funding support aims to encourage students to achieve higher levels of competence in their areas of interest which will benefit their work with children in future.
The support offered by the ACCS
|Course Sponsorship||Full Course Sponsorship at $7,200|
|Study Allowance||Up to $600 per annum for 3 years of study|
|Funding for Professional Development||Up to $1,000 per annum for ECCE-related supplementary courses supported by the Polytechnics (eg. Art, Speech & Drama, Special Needs, etc)|
|Bond||2-year bond to one of the 5 schools after completion of 36 months of study|
|Total value of award (for 3 year course)||$12,000.00|
5. Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates for this award should meet the following requirements:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent resident at point of application.
- Be a full-time student for the ECCE diploma course at either Ngee Ann Polytechnic or Temasek Polytechnic.
- Meet the entry requirements of the course.
- Must not concurrently hold or be serving out their bond for any scholarship, bursary or funding.
- Must be accepted into the course/programme to be awarded a scholarship.
- Have a keen interest to start their career in the pre-school sector immediately after graduation.